Well, actually it tastes a lot like beef. We had Ostrich Stew for dinner. It was really tasty. Not sure if I’d add it to my regular menu but it was interesting to try. Dinner was served with a roll and I quickly came to the conclusion that, for me, a roll is just a butter delivery system. I didn’t eat it all. 2 chocolate covered strawberries for dessert which I, again, cut up into tiny pieces making sure each piece had some chocolate on it. Yum. The chef just dips them in melted chocolate chips.
Didn’t go on the hike today because of my knee. I worked in the gym with Annamarie, my trainer. She showed me more core, back and upper body exercises. I can only remember a very few of them—they all blend after a while. She said she will write them all down for me and will send me home with a full body routine. I will be happy to share these notes when I get back.
On a typical day with the 2 and half hour hike and 4 or 5 fitness classes, I have been burning 3000 – 3600 calories per day. I am going to wear my heart rate monitor all day tomorrow and see how much I burn with my knee injury.
I did get up today for the optional early class “Hardcore.” In the afternoon, instead of doing “Step and Pump” (affectionately known here as Step and Puke…) I did an extra pool class. Now that I am getting stronger, I am venturing out into the deep end more and more. I swam 3 full lengths of the pool (1½ laps) without stopping. I can’t do the crawl stroke, but I can do the breast stroke.
We have an NFL player, Ephraim Salaam, and his wife here this week. He is HUGE! Even he finds the classes challenging.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMIE!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey, as for sharing your exercises notes, I think I'll pass on them! Thanks for sharing just the same!
ReplyDelete