Monday, January 25, 2010

Mon Jan 25, 2010 – Just A Running Fool!

Got up early for Pilates. I am getting better. Still can’t do a sit up but I’m determined.
Did the “Stop Sign” walk today. The sun was out and the air was dry so I was feeling pretty good. About half way to the Mini-Stop Sign, I met up with a guide who said, “Try to get to mini without any stops.” And I thought to myself, “I can do better than that!” And I tried running!!!! I definitely can’t go fast or for any length of time, but by golly, I’m running!!

The steep incline walk along the real road was not too bad today. I kept a steady pace and just went from crack in the road to crack in the road. I did stop for a potty break but that was my only stop. I made it to the Stop Sign in 1hr 29 mins.

When we got back, I had a choice of Pool or treadmill. Being the running fool that I am, I chose treadmill. I can run for about 2 mins at a 1% incline at 4.0 mph. So I spent 45 mins running and recovering. BUT-my left knee started to hurt. DRATS. My poor knees are saying, “What the heck’s going on here?!?” I am sitting with some ice on it, took some Advil and will baby it the rest of the day. I don’t want it to get worse. Hmmm… is this my first “sport injury?”

1 comment:

  1. You first sports injury... doesn't get any better than that! I was going to ask you a question about going to the potty but some things are best left alone!

    ReplyDelete