I am so happy to be here. I still feel very selfish but am finding out that many others (all women) feel the same way. I think as mom's and wives and daughters we don't want to take the time away from our responsibilities... I never could have done this at home. It would be OK with my fmaily, but it wouldn't be OK for me. I would hold off doing something so that I could get something "important" accomplished.
Today's schedule: How I wish I were a morning person...
I over slept--set my phone alarm but had the sound off. So I got up at 6 AM and went to open gym. I started out on the elliptical but the muscles in my legs gave out after about 1 min. I stuck it out for another 3 mins, remembered I had to hike for 4 1/2 miles after breakfast and switched to a recumbant bike. At least I was moving--and it was much easier on my thighs and calves and hips.
7 am breakfast. A very heavy banana nut muffin and a plated of diced fruit. yum
7:45 am Left for hike. I chose Hiking 101 but it was still a difficult trek. We climbed over big rocks and saw petroglyphs. It is a dessert here. Absolutely no grass except on the fairways of the golf courses. The scenery is stunning to look at--red rock hills in front of sand colored mountains with snow dusted higher peaks in the background. But I wouldn't want to live here. I like trees.
At 11 ish we got bake from the hike
11:15 am Yoga stretch. Felt good after the hike.
12:45 Lunch. Some kind of healthy tuna salad and regular salad. Soup. The chef worked for Wolfgang Puck. The food is really good and very filling. We have lectures once or twice a day and I am learing a lot about food. One interesting thing is that people tend to eat the same volume of food every day. Volume is defferent for each person. We just have to make sure we eat things that are healthy--- and in the approprite portion. I am buying the cookbook that the chef made up with recipes for all the meals we are served. I bought one for you, too, Mary. You can give it to Ken and maybe he can find some tasty things that are reasonable in calories. And Dwaine, I need you to find a few things you and the kids will eat. I don't have my notes with me, but the nutritionist said something like 1 cup on applesuce has about 60 calories compared to oil that has 1000. So substituting applesauce for oil when baking is a great way to save on the calories.
1:30 We had a cooking demonstration with the chef
2:30 Cardio intervals
3:30 Total toning (aargh!)
4:30 Pool aerobics---with stretching in the hot tub.
5:45 Dinner. Vegetable lasagna. And 2 chocolate covered strawberries. (Sorry, Jay. None for you....)
6:15 Nutrition lecture.
I was so tired after cardio and toning .... I came back to the room to change for the pool. I took off my clothes, put on my robe , started getting my shoes on when I realized I hadn't put on my bathing suit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to sleep... Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment