My Day:
5:15 AM Wake up
6 AM Go to gym to be shown how to use the machines.
7AM Breakfast (300 calories)
8 AM - 10:15AM "Stop Sign Hike" in beautiful Snow Canyon State Park. Up hill. From 3000' to 4000'
41/2 miles. I am one of the slowest hikers but not the slowest. The air is very thin and twice I had a bad experience with the air. It's like breathing through a cloth napkin or several layers of guaze--and it's frightening because I felt like I was sucking in great volumes of air but not getting enough oxygen. (you know how the Deatheaters were sucking the life out of Harry Potter??) I got very dizzy and almost passed out and started wheezing--which I've never done before. So I went more slowly. I had 3 different trainers walk beside me to encourage me to complete the hike to the "Stop Sign."
11:15 AM Water Aerobics which felt really good after the hike.
12 PM Lunch 400 calories. The food is very tasty and the right kind--so I don't feel hungry at all.
1:30 Education on Budgeting your calories. I learned a lot about Resting Metabolic rate--(shapeup.org has the formula for figuring it out.
2:30 Cardio/weight intervals.
3:30 Step and Pump. The instructor makes Linda from the gym look like a wimp. It was the absolute hardest excercise I have ever done.
4:30 Harder water aerobics---in the deep end of the pool. I said I wasn't a strong swimmer and stayed around the 4' to 5' depth. We got to do our stretches in the jacuzzi. No one complained about that. :)
5:45 Dinner 500 calories.
6:30 Education on Nutrition. Portion sizes, how to read labels. Good food choices. I bought the cookbook they use here. The food is really good and properly balanced.
7:30 Tara from the Biggest Loser Season 7 is going through the program. She went from 307 lbs to 139 but then went back up to 160--and feels and looks great.
I will write more tomorrow
I am warning you all to get started---I am not going to do this alone
when I get home!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment