The food is tasty and filling. Last night we had 2 chocolate covered strawberries for dessert! I sliced them up into little pieces and enjoyed each and every bite..... Tonight we had shaved ice with chocolate and some vanilla swirl stuff on it---mmmmmmm..... We also had dinner along with the dessert. The way the meals are balanced I don't feel hungry. Today when we were exercising in the pool was the first time my stomach spoke to me.
I am learning a lot about nutrition. It really has a lot to do with balancing your meals: 1/4 protein, 1/4 complex carbs, 1/2 vegetables/fruit. And paying attention to portion size. Eat within 60-90 minutes of waking up and eat a big well-balanced breakfast. If you want to exercise before you eat--that's OK. Eat at regular times so your body can adjust its huger response to your meal times. Don't go more than 4 hours without eating. In recipes, substitute healthy ingredients for unhealthy ones. I think I told you about applesauce being under 100 calories and oil being over 1000 - so make the substitution when baking.
Exercising: we are way too easy on ourselves.
I got up "late" again today--I set the alarm on my phone but forgot to take it off silent mode. Instead of a class i went into the gym. I started out on the elliptical but my feet started to burn after about 3 mins. So then I went on the recumbent bike for 1/2 an hour.
I thought I could never be sorer than I was yesterday, but today I ache more than I ever have. It's still good, and I'm not the only one. Everyone who is here for their first week in the same. When we got in the vans after our hike this morning, I sat next to my new friend, Robin, and there could have been room for one more in the seat. But I was so grateful that there wasn't anyone who wanted the seat. I was too exhausted to scooch over...
We hiked on a fairly flat path this morning. I am still taking the Beginner "Hiking 101" hikes. The hike was 2 1/2 hours at a very quick pacwe for me. I can't keep the pace to try the Intermediate hikes yet. Next week. In fact Robin and I decided that next Thurs we were going to be fit enough to go for a bike ride during free time.
Speaking of free time, there isn't any until after dinner and a lecture. So my day ends at 7 or 7:30. Last night I feel asleep around 8:30. Today I took a 20 min cat nap just before lunch. I am soooooooo worn out. But it feels good!
After the hike, I had Core Workshop. She said that good posture was the best thing you could do for the muscle that goes from your back to your abdomen. (Transverse something) And doing contracting your stomach whenever you think about it will strengthen the muscle. She said a lot more but I am too tired..........................
12:45 Lunch
1:45 Lecture on overcoming obstacles. He said to remember that everything we do involves choices. We choose to eat a certain food or to do a certain activity.
2:30 "Mountain" You get on an aerobic machine (treadmill, elliptical, recumbent bike) And you increase your speed or your resistance every 3 mins.
3:30 Kick Boxing -- Jamie and Caley: we would so rock at kick boxing! What a fun non-boring way to exercise
4:30 Pool
5:45 Dinner and after dinner another talk on food.
Very sleepy....
XXXOOO
Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment