Friday, January 22, 2010

Jan 22, 2010 - Friday

Today I felt a little “off.” I stayed up late chatting with my roommate, and didn’t get to sleep until 9 PM. So I didn’t get up for 6 AM Kickboxing. Drats. I really like kickboxing!!
Breakfast was a Greek yogurt parfait with fresh fruit and granola.
I went on the Hidden Pinyon hike (101) again. We hiked through sand, and then over and around rocks. Toward the end of the hike we climbed up these big hills of sandstone. The sandstone is in layers, kind of like wrinkles or the skin of a Sharpei dog.
The rocks are also very “sticky,” something I’m not used to. So you can climb up and come down a 45 degree or more incline and still maintain your footing. You have to point your toes down or uphill and take small, confident steps. When I first went on the sandstone last week, I thought for sure I was going to slip down the rocks. But I learned to trust my feet.
When we got back from the hike, we had a wonderful stretch class where we worked on flexibility. I keep hearing Caley saying, “Mom, when you’re old, you want to be able to wipe yourself.” I do. I really do.
Dinner was a turkey burger and raw vegetables. It was really good. I talked to Dwaine about raising more turkeys instead of a cow in the future. For dessert we had Chocolate Ice which I’m told is just Chocolate Silk milk frozen and smashed up.
It has been raining here and it’s been cold and miserable. Locals aren’t used to this much rain. Yesterday they canceled the Pool classes because of the weather so we did a circuit on the weight machines.

3 comments:

  1. With all this kickboxing and weight lifting training, it’s time for Dwaine to start using the two magic words “YES DEAR”!

    Hang in there and have fun!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. juli - so incredibly proud and inspired by your commitment to get in shape! Wish you could have talkedmy mom into it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, where is your blog entry for yesterday? You take the day off or something?

    ReplyDelete