Yesterday was a day off, but I wanted to work in the gym anyway. So I went on the treadmill for 1 hour and went 3 miles. I even “pseudo-ran” !!!!!!!!!!!! The fastest I can walk is 3.5 mph. So I turned it up to 4.0, held on tight to the hand rails and sort of jogged until I ran out of breath (about 30-45 secs) then I recovered and did it again. I AM SO PROUD OF ME!!
One of the women who has a car, asked some of us if we wanted to go to Target. It felt strange being off campus—around real people. The thought of buying some Peanut M&Ms… I didn’t but still felt like it.
Today I feel 1000 times better than I did last week. I got up at 5:15 and went to 6AM Pilates. I have a weak core but I can see me getting stronger.
Had breakfast at 7 and left for the hike at 8AM. We did the Stop Sign hike again but I didn’t go all the way up the steep hill. It was raining and the air felt funny in my lungs so I didn’t want to chance the elevation. So I walked to “Mini-Stop Sign” and back—It’s over 5 miles.
When we got back I did “Mountain” in the gym. You’re on a cardio machine (either treadmill, elliptical or recumbent bike) and start slowly and with light resistance. Every 3 mins you up the intensity either with incline/resistance or speed. There are 13 increases. I can’t do 13 increases yet!! But I do my best.
After lunch I took a nap until 2PM then went to Circuit Training at 2:30 2 mins on a cardio machine then 2 mins on a weight machine. I love that class.
3:30 we had kickboxing which I am getting better at. It’s a great workout and a lot of fun.
4:30 Pool in the rain. It was COOOOLD! The water is warm but getting out of the pool was brrrrrr…
After dinner I went to Tai Chi. (This time there really was a Tai Chi class!) I’ve never done it before and I loved it!
8:45 have to get to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment