Finally have a couple of hours of free time.
Make sure you warm up really well before going full tilt on the spin bike. we warm up for at least 10 mins in each class.
And, basically, they have you work through the soreness, but if you're truly injured you should rest the part or use it more gingerly.
We are all waddling around like injured penguins. But you just work in spite of your soreness. Weds was my absolute worse day, Thurs wasn't so bad and today I was even less sore. But my muscles get fatigued very quickly. I feel good during an exercise for a few mins and then my muscles start complaning. My poor feet keep burning from overuse--as though they're saying, "What's up with this?!?! We're used to being tucked underneath your computer desk--nice and comfy!!!)
I haven't gotten any blisters yet--that's the worst thing you can have here. I had one starting but put a strip of duct tape over it and it never got any worse. Another wonderful use for duct tape!!!
I went to kickboxing at 6 am. I really like it. They never offered that at the gym did they? After breakfast we went on our 2 1/2 hour hike. We walked through sand, and then climbed up and around the rock formations. It's exhausting but exhilarating.
After the hike, I went to a 45 min stretch class--which was wonderful.
Then I did Total Body Toning at 2:30, Circuit training at 3:30, and Water aerobics at 4:30
Dinner was a really tasty turkey meatloaf.
I am sending the cookbook home. Hoping we can find healthy alternatives to make. The big thing is substituting unhealthy ingredients for healthy ones. There is a "shopping list/pantry list" in the back of the book.
I am finding it easier to walk up the stairs to my room and I have a lot more endurance than I started with. I'm really enjoying the pool. I used to love to swim when I was young, but didn't have the strength or lung capacity in the past several years.
I'm pooped. Tomorrow I have to get up at 5:15 to try Tai Chi. Then after breakfast we do the same hike we did on Monday (called Stop Sign) to see if our time is any better. Monday I did it in 1 hr 47 mins. This is also the hike that caused my trouble breathing- it goes up in elevation from 3000' to 4000'
Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment